San Antonio Accident Lawyer: The Top 6 Reasons Accidents Occur
As a San Antonio accident lawyer, I’ve seen many different types of car accident cases: from big rig and semi-truck wrecks to hit-and-runs, head-on collisions and more. And while every accident is unique in its own way, over the years I’ve noticed that many of these tragic accidents occur for the same reasons time and time again.
If you want to improve your chances of avoiding an accident, then be sure keep these common accident causes in mind the next time you’re on the road:
- Speeding – Driving too fast or driving recklessly while speeding are some of the most dangerous actions you can take behind the wheel. Remember, speed limits exist for a reason!
- Distracted driving – Texting, eating, talking on your phone and even fiddling with the radio are all actions that distract you from the road and put everyone around you in danger.
- Adverse weather – Weather conditions like ice, rain, wind and fog all make controlling your vehicle more difficult. They also affect visibility, which can be extremely dangerous – especially at night. Be sure to adjust your driving to the conditions outside.
- Vehicle malfunction – Problems with a vehicle, such as faulty brakes, tire blowouts and more, are all common ways accidents occur. To protect yourself from this issue, be sure to get an annual safety inspection for your vehicle (many states require it anyway).
- Drunk driving – Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is never a good idea. It impairs your vision and alertness, and it slows your reaction time. When in doubt, always call a cab instead of driving under the influence.
- Running through lights and stop signs – As a San Antonio accident lawyer, I see accidents caused by individuals trying to shave a few seconds off their commute by running through a red light or a stop sign all the time. Always be sure to come to a full stop at all lights and stop signs to make sure no one else is entering the intersection. The few extra seconds it might cost you to wait at a light could save someone else’s life.
No matter how careful you are, however, sometimes accidents still happen. If you or a loved one is ever in a wreck, be sure to contact a San Antonio accident lawyer at The Snow Law Firm as soon as possible. We can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.