What Are You Due in Pedestrian Accident Claims?
Sadly, car accidents are all too common; car-pedestrian accidents are somewhat less common. Unfortunately, they do still happen, and when they do, it often has devastating consequences for the pedestrian involved. They may have severe injuries, endure much pain and suffering, and/or have their entire life changed indefinitely.
In these situations, pedestrian accident claims are essential. Filing a claim can help the pedestrian get the compensation they need to cover medical bills and other costs associated with the accident. Altogether, they will typically receive damages for:
- Current and future medical expenses – If you’ve had to go to the ER, hospital, or doctor for treatment of your injuries, then you’re due compensation – in full – for the bills and expenses you owed there. If your injuries will require further treatment or you’ll need long-term care to recover, your claim should compensate you for this as well.
- Lost wages – In the event that the accident or your injuries have kept you away from work and/or made you unable to earn a living during your recovery, then you’ll be due compensation for your lost wages and income too. Just make sure to keep track of how much time you’ve lost.
- Lost earning potential and benefits – If your injuries have rendered you unable to continue doing your job, you may also be due funds for the income you will lose in the future as well as any benefits or retirement options that may have come with your position.
- Pain and suffering – In extreme situations, pedestrian accident claims may compensate victims for extreme amounts of pain, suffering, or emotional distress they’ve had to endure as a result of the accident.
- Compensation for effects on your relations – If your accident has affected your personal relationships with your children, your spouse, or other loved ones or if it has caused you to lose quality of life, you could be due funds for these situations too.
- Punitive damages – In some cases, when at-fault parties were extremely reckless or malicious, victims may be due punitive damages as well. If you think you’re due punitive damages, be sure to talk to your lawyer.
Were you the victim of a pedestrian accident? Then contact The Snow Law Firm today. Our lawyers are experts in pedestrian accident claims, and they can help you get the money you deserve.